Saturday, October 24, 2009

So much but so little

So I've actually been super busy with knitting. I've started and finished a bunch of stuff, some of which is up on my ravelry page (username Iota) and most of which is not. I just am forgetful and a little lazy, but I'm really trying to remember to post.


 Since the weather has taken a turn towards the decidedly chilly, I've become semi-obsessed with gloves. I'm trying to work out a pattern which so far I've taken out at least 3 times and currently have three different gloves. Arg to say the least. However, I've finally found a pattern for a skein of Malabrigo Worsted (colorway Sunset) that I got for Christmas last year. I've cast-on for Ysolda Teague's Snapdragon Flip-Tops (rav link). I don't think I'm going to do the flip-tops as it just doesn't get that cold here in Atlanta. Hopefully I'll have pictures soon and I'll remember to post them here and not just delete them after I post to ravelry.  In other news, I've fallen in love with colourwork. Or fair isle or stranded knitting as its also known. Whatever you call it, I love it. I've done two hats, both of which need a little more work, but I am seriously pleased with the whole experience and really want to do more. I think that to get the full benefit, I'm going to need thinner yarn and smaller needles. I don't know when I'll be able to really get into it, but fingers crossed that I get a call about some of the jobs I've applied for so that I can stop stressing so much. Any good wishes are much appreciated. I've also joined RAK and have really appreciated the response. I am hoping to get into some swaps, especially one with moleskins (which I adore). I'm debating whether or not to cast-on Baktus - I love the simple, but clever construction, but I am trying to be honest about how much I'd actually use it. I tend to wear looser things around my neck because I don't like feeling constricted. So the jury's still out.  Any thoughts?

The photo is hoot! also from Ysolda Teague

No comments: